Union Pacific Railroad has boosted hiring plans and aims to add 200 new locomotives next year to improve network congestion, the company said at an investor conference Wednesday in Chicago.
“We have been short of train crews,” acknowledged Chief Operating Officer Lance Fritz, speaking at the conference. “We have more than doubled the hiring we originally planned.”
Read the complete story at the Omaha World-Herald.
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC
- Update on PEB 250 recommendations to national agreement negotiations
- Class Is release 2nd quarter 2022 financial results