FROM MINNESOTA STATE LEGISLATIVE DIRECTOR PHILLIP QUALY:
Please call or email our friends in the Minnesota Republican House and Senate and ask them to vote for the House Capital Bonding Bill, H.F. 2529, with all railroad safety and passenger rail service provisions included. Please make your calls today and until Sunday, May 17th.
You can call and leave a message and/or send email. Your call will only take a few minutes. We need hundreds of railroad labor calls in support of H.F. 2529 to each Legislator below asking to vote for the House Capital Bonding bill.
At a time our state needs to go back to work when interest rates will never be lower and Minnesota has an AAA Bond Rating, this $2.5 billion jobs bill will stimulate our economy. We want to make sure our railroad safety and state corridor passenger rail expansion is included in the Senate bill.
At a time we are losing coal train jobs, state corridor passenger rail service with dual-carrier seniority can bring more railroad jobs in the future. As a reminder, when we have a strong constriction economy, railroad labor is hauling the lumber, cement, asphalt, solvents, steel, etc. With this bill, we are asking you to call for more railroad work.
Make your calls today!
- House Minority Leader Kurt Daudt: (R) Cambridge, 651-296-5364 firstname.lastname@example.org
- House Capital Bonding Minority Leader Dean Urdahl:(R), Grove City, 651-296-4344 email@example.com
- Sen. Paul Gazelka, Majority Leader: (R), Brainard, 651-296-4875 Use Mail Form
- Sen. David Senjem, Bonding Chair: (R) Rochester, 651-296-3903 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sen. Jeremy Miller, Senate President: (R) Winona, 651-296-5649 email@example.com
- Sen. Jerry Relph, (R), St. Cloud, 651-296-6455 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sen. Jason Rarick, (R) Hinckley, 651-296-1508 email@example.com
- Sen. Mike Goggin, (R), Red Wing, 651-296-5612 firstname.lastname@example.org
Directory of state senators
ASK EACH REPRESENTATIVE AND SENATOR TO SUPPORT THIS $2.5 BILLION BONDING BILL WITH ALL PASSENGER RAIL SERVICE PROVISIONS INCLUDED.
PDF of action alert (contains additional details)
PDF of memo on SF-3829
PDF of letter supporting H.F. 259
Minnesota State Legislative Director
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- Balloting closes TONIGHT for tentative national rail agreement
- SMART-TD, BLET town hall yields facts about tentative agreement
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson
- Important update for all SMART-TD and BLET members included in national negotiations
- BLET, SMART-TD to host Town Hall meeting on November 9
- Update on SMART-TD balloting for National Rail Tentative Agreement
- Rule of 2 comment period extended by FRA to Dec. 21