SHREVEPORT, La. — First Lady Michelle Obama will visit a Kansas City Southern Railway facility in Shreveport, La., Thursday, April 12, where the UTU represents various crafts, to celebrate the 50,000 veteran or military spouses hired by American companies nationwide as part of the president’s Joining Forces initiative encouraging the hiring.
Kansas City Southern is among numerous railroads that have recruited and hired veterans and military spouses.
- SMART-TD mourns the loss of Local 1374 conductor Erik O’Brien￼
- SMART University: TD Membership 101 available in Member Portal
- Members unite for protests in K.C., elsewhere￼
- LAST CALL: TD San Antonio Regional Training Seminar room reservations
- Coordinated Bargaining Coalition welcomes face-to-face mediation over national contract negotiations
- House subcommittee leaders take aim at PSR cuts in STB reauthorization hearing￼
- STB requires additional service reporting from railroads
- Longtime Mo. SLD passes away￼
- The Coordinated Bargaining Coalition again calls on NMB to proffer arbitration
- April 28th proclaimed “A Day of Honor and Remembrance for Railroad Workers” in Kansas