We are about to begin the flu season and a flu vaccine is the best way to prevent infection and the complications associated with the flu.
Vaccination is necessary each year because flu viruses change each year. The flu shot can be received once a year in either the fall or winter.
You may need only one pneumonia shot in your lifetime. You might be at risk for pneumonia if you:
- Are age 65 or older
- Have a chronic illness, such as heart or lung disease or diabetes
- Have a weak immune system
Flu and pneumonia shots are a covered benefit for Medicare beneficiaries, and are exempt from deductible or coinsurance liability. You do not need a doctor’s referral to receive these vaccines.
- Deadline is Monday to get discount hotel rate for TD Tacoma RTS
- SMART-TD Tentative Agreement update: Oct. 5, 2022
- TD organizing win thanks to collaboration in Michigan
- Ultimately, decision about tentative agreement is in members’ hands
- New updating features for TD members in SMART Portal
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar