In a heroic show of foresight and bravery, SMART Transportation Division Vice Local Chairperson Rob Forrest (Local 202 at Denver) saved the life of a pedestrian Wednesday, July 20.
Forrest, who – according to SMART TD Colorado State Legislative Director Carl Smith – carries a tourniquet for his personal belief of being prepared, used the tourniquet to save a 22-year-old man’s life after being hit and dragged by a BNSF train that Forrest was on.
First responders credited Forrest’s application of the tourniquet to saving the man’s life.
Read more about the accident from CBS Denver.
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- Balloting closes TONIGHT for tentative national rail agreement
- SMART-TD, BLET town hall yields facts about tentative agreement
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson
- Important update for all SMART-TD and BLET members included in national negotiations
- BLET, SMART-TD to host Town Hall meeting on November 9
- Update on SMART-TD balloting for National Rail Tentative Agreement
- Rule of 2 comment period extended by FRA to Dec. 21