With the SMART Transportation Division (formerly UTU) beginning preparations for its June 2014 convention, all transportation division locals are reminded of the need to have a duly elected delegate and alternate delegate, as well as a working local seal, prior to the convention.
The three-day convention will be held June 30-July 2 at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel in San Diego, Calif.
Locals with vacancies in either position must conduct elections as soon as possible, and advise the SMART TD office of the results.
Guidance on holding such elections can be downloaded from our website at www.utu.org by clicking on the “S&T Tools” link, then scrolling down to the bottom of the “Forms and Documents” column and clicking on “More forms….” to get to the following page: http://utu.org/secretary-treasurer-forms.
Documents on that page include “How to Hold Elections for Delegates, LCAs 2010,” as well as “Special Circular No. 28 – August 2010,” both of which offer guidance on conducting delegate and alternate delegate elections. Those with additional questions should contact the SMART TD office.
In addition, locals will need to have a working local seal to authenticate and certify delegate and alternate delegate credentials, which will be mailed out to each local in 2014. Those with no seals or with seals needing repair are advised to contact this office as soon as possible to make the necessary arrangements.
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC
- Labor rallies planned Sept. 10 in Nebraska, Ohio
- Registration open for TD Northwestern RTS