A new version of WinStabs for 2018 — Version 5.09 — is now available for download via iLink and includes updated tax rates.
Follow this link to view PDF instructions about how to download and start a new year in this new version of WinStabs.
Once you have downloaded and started your new year, please ensure that you go to: Add-ins>Tools>Initial Setup Menu>Update Dues Rates & Set Fund Balances. You will need to enter the new International Dues Rate and should refer to the letter that you received from SMART TD concerning the January 2018 dues increase. Then click on the Fund Balances & Setting Rates tab at the top and change the Mileage Rate to $0.545.
If you have any questions please email Fieldauditor@group.smart-union.org
Also, registration remains open for a workshop for local treasurers Feb. 21 to 23 that will provide hands-on training on the responsibilities and duties pertaining to their office, including direct receipts, iLink and WinStabs. It will also focus on proper completion of monthly billings and member record maintenance.
This training will also be LIVESTREAMED for participants who are unable to attend in person at the SMART Transportation Division office — 24950 Country Club Blvd., North Olmsted, OH 44070.
Registration is required for both in-person and web-based attendance. Contact Alyssa Patchin at (216) 227-5281 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register and for discounted hotel rates if you are traveling to the workshop. Space is limited, and attendees will be accepted on a first-come basis.
The three-day session will include all training and materials at no cost to the local. However, the local is responsible for all other costs associated with the treasurer’s attendance at the workshop. Lost time or salary, travel, hotel and meal expenses connected with attendance may be reimbursed if pre-approved at the local meeting as an allowable expense of the local. Local treasurers are responsible for their own travel/lodging arrangements.
- SMART-TD statement on the results of the U.S. Senate vote to impose the rail agreement
- SMART-TD statement on potential extension of status-quo period
- SMART-TD statement on congressional intervention in the national rail negotiations
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- Balloting closes TONIGHT for tentative national rail agreement
- SMART-TD, BLET town hall yields facts about tentative agreement
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson