On Saturday, May 7, members of SM Local 5 (East Tennessee) marched in the Knoxville Suffrage Parade: a celebration of the 102nd anniversary of the 19th Amendment, which granted women the right to vote. As Local 5 wrote on Facebook, “In the early 1900s, union trades in Knoxville stood up to intimidators and gave our halls as places to plan and organize the right for all women to vote.” Today, SMART members and unionists across trades and sectors continue the fight for equal rights.
- Elections matter: How your vote has helped workers since 2020
- Secure your future. Vote!
- Recent progress made.
- Progress made for Bus Dept. and 2PC rule
- Building a healthy future for all Canadians
- SMART MD membership votes to ratify contract with freight rail carriers
- SMART Local 206 journeyperson Annet Del Rosario wins July NABTU Tradeswomen Heroes Award
- Inaugural SMART Leadership Conference in San Francisco focuses on “Growth Through Unity”
- White House highlights partnership with SMART, SMACNA and NEMI
- Railroad, Mechanical and Engineering Department Report