Local 36 members in St. Louis joined an army of more than 1500 volunteers as part of the Rebuilding Together St. Louis organization’s massive home rehab blitz Saturday. This was part of an effort to provide free home repair for low-income and elderly homeowners.
Joining Local 36 were Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 562, Glaziers Local 513 and IBEW Local 1.
They handled projects from fixing leaky faucets and replacing faulty electrical wiring and service panels to rebuilding outdoor decks and replacing doors, windows, and kitchen & bathroom fixtures and appliances. At the end of the day, Rebuilding Together St. Louis provided more than $677,000 worth of materials and labor at the 55 homes thanks to the army of volunteers.
- Growth through unity
- SMART, labor allies convene at AFL-CIO Convention to build worker power
- N.J. SLD recognized for leadership, tapped to lead economic coalition
- Fortune Magazine highlights the benefits of a union sheet metal career
- SMART TD President Ferguson and BLET President Pierce give joint interview on podcast
- Transportation labor reacts to the State of the Union Address
- VA Adds TABB As Accepted Certification Body
- Career of a lifetime: Renato Favero’s 80 years of service
- SM Local 280 SMART Army Helps Local Charity Aid Community
- New SMOHIT Safety Guide Available