MONTEBELLO, Calif. – The city and its transit union are at odds over who pays for the employees’ share of pension costs.
During the last year the city has paid its nontransit employees’ share of their pension costs but not for bus drivers, mechanics and service operators. The latter still pay what amounts to 8 percent of their pay.
Read the complete story at the Whittier Daily News.
- PEB a.m. update: Aug. 17, 2022
- SMART statement on President Biden’s signing of the Inflation Reduction Act
- Announcement to come regarding PEB
- SMART statement on White House Back to School 2022 collaboration to improve indoor air quality
- SMART statement on passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- FRA Administrator Bose: Safety is first
- TTD President Regan: Transportation labor has shown it’s a driving force
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers