Local 1188 at Oklahoma City, Okla., has established a relief fund to assist their brothers and sisters who have been affected by May’s tornado in Moore, Okla.
“Several members of Local 1188 and Local 1042 in Oklahoma City have had their homes damaged or completely destroyed. There were also other brothers and sisters of other unions that had damage. We would like to assist our railroad family as much as possible and get their lives back together. All proceeds will go directly to members,” said Secretary & Treasurer Steve Freeman.
Donations may be made to “UTU Local 1188 Tornado Relief” at Arvest Banks or sent to Arvest Bank, 9350 S. Western Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73139.
An typographical error in June issue of the SMART Transportation Division News omits a portion of the bank’s address above. We apologize for the omission.
- SMART statement on passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- FRA Administrator Bose: Safety is first
- TTD President Regan: Transportation labor has shown it’s a driving force
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- TD President Ferguson, three members testify before STB
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for two-person crews