An agreement was reached with the carriers’ National Railway Labor Conference to extend until Dec. 31, 2010, the deadline for enrolling eligible dependent children for coverage under the National Railway Carriers and UTU Health and Welfare Plan (NRC/UTU) or the Railroad Employees National Health and Welfare Plan.
To obtain the enrollment packet or to obtain an enrollment form, call UnitedHealthcare’s Railroad Enrollment Service toll free at (800) 753-2692.
This form MUST BE COMPLETED AND RETURNED to the Railroad Enrollment Service with a postmark NO LATER THAN DEC. 31 to have your eligible dependent children covered for medical benefits after Jan. 1, 2011.
This will be the final opportunity to enroll you children. There will be NO FURTHER EXTENSIONS of the deadline.
Note that you will not be able to change your medical benefit plan administrator at this time. This extension is only to enroll eligible dependent children for coverage under the NRC/UTU Health and Welfare Plan or the National Railroad Employees Health and Welfare Plan.
One of the jewels of the Obama administration’s health care reform allows dependent children — even those employed, so long as they are not offered insurance by their own employer — to remain on a parent’s health care insurance plan until age 26, without regard to student, marital, residence or financial dependent status. To claim the benefit, eligible dependent children must be enrolled.
Again, to obtain the enrollment packet, or to obtain a form to complete and return — POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN DEC. 31, 2010 — call UnitedHealthcare’s Railroad Enrollment Service toll free at (800) 753-2692.
- B&P Tunnel replacement project in Baltimore promises jobs, better conditions for SMART members
- Support needed for Wyoming train-length bill effort
- EPI study estimates money lost by misclassified workers
- UP actions prompt departure from safety program
- SMART-TD announces enhanced benefits with new Voluntary Long-Term Disability (VLTD) carrier
- Local 168 mourns passing of Chairperson Garcia
- TD Disaster Relief Fund in urgent need of donations
- Union Plus scholarship deadline approaching; others open for TD members’ families
- Remembering MLK
- SMART-TD stands in solidarity with the Air Line Pilots Association, International