KEARNEY — The U.S. Department of Transportation has issued an order to Great Lakes Airlines to extend its service at Kearney Regional Airport while Kearney waits for federal approval of the airline to replace Great Lakes.
The order, issued Wednesday, also sets temporary rates for Great Lakes to continue providing Essential Air Service at the Kearney, North Platte and Scottsbluff airports through March 31.
“This is consistent with the DOT wanting to ensure that air service continues,” City Manager Mike Morgan said. “This reduces the chance for potential gaps in service. We appreciate (Great Lakes’) cooperation and appreciate the DOT doing this.”
Read more from Kearney Hub.
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC
- Update on PEB 250 recommendations to national agreement negotiations
- Class Is release 2nd quarter 2022 financial results