Intermodal traffic (trailers and containers carried atop flatcars) continues to roar for Class I railroads.
During October, according to the Association of American Railroads, intermodal traffic soared by 14 percent versus October 2009.
Weekly during October, according to the AAR, Class I railroads transported an average of more than 235,000 trailers and containers – the highest weekly totals for any month since October 2007.
In fact, October 2010 was the 12th highest weekly monthly average on record, the AAR said.
- TD leadership participates in NS Bellevue safety event
- Veto means Nevada governor picked politics over safety
- Synopsis released of NS yardmaster agreement
- TD initiates census effort — please verify your information!
- SMART-TD and NS reach yardmaster sick leave deal; carrier completes negotiations with all unions
- SMART-TD members ratify tentative agreement with Norfolk Southern
- TD DLC firm pitches in to assist with Minn. 2PC success
- Sara Youngdahl is new SMART-TD DLC Coordinator
- Members of GO-953 ratify historic tentative agreement with Union Pacific
- A Memorial Day message from TD President Jeremy Ferguson