In a rare display of bipartisan functionality on Capitol Hill, the House Transportation & Infrastructure Committee Panel on 21st Century Freight Transportation has released its final report on the current state of freight transportation in the U.S. and its recommendations for freight transportation improvements to strengthen the national economy.
To “safely and efficiently meet the needs of freight movement in the 21st century,” the Freight Panel recommends that Congress should:
Read the complete story at Railway Age.
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for 2 person crews
- Local 12 apprentices get hands-on architectural experience
- SMART statement on passage of CHIPS and Science Act
- Union Plus opens ‘Unions Power America’ contest￼
- Your experiences – our PEB case!
- SMART Local 206 journeyworker wins July NABTU Tradeswomen Heroes Award
- Rail labor statement regarding the appointment of a PEB
- New Ford EV plant “a game-changer” for SMART Tenn. local
- The TRUTH about the railroad supply chain and labor negotiations