On Monday, Deborah Hersman was sworn in to serve a third two-year term as chairwoman of the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB).
Chair since 2009, Hersman was nominated for a third term by President Barack Obama on Aug. 1 and the nomination was confirmed by the Senate on Oct. 16. Her term as chair expires on Oct. 15, 2015, and her five-year term as a NTSB member expires on Dec. 31, 2018.
Read the complete story at Progressive Railroading.
- EPI study estimates money lost by misclassified workers
- Local 168 mourns passing of Chairperson Garcia
- TD Disaster Relief Fund in urgent need of donations
- Union Plus scholarship deadline approaching; others open for TD members’ families
- FMCSA pre-employment requirement in effect Jan. 6
- Railroad Retirement and Unemployment Insurance Taxes in 2023
- Action needed to support Congressional Workers Union
- Union states 2PC case before FRA
- AFL-CIO TTD: Rail labor will not rest until freight rail industry is fixed and rail workers are treated fairly
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023