Assaults on bus and transit operators occur daily, threatening the safety of working members and the riding public. Every day there is more news of incidents where unruly passengers have spit on, threatened, beaten, stabbed or even shot some of our Brothers and Sisters while they are just doing their job. In response, SMART is leading the way in support of the bipartisan Bus Operator and Pedestrian Protection Act, introduced in the House by U.S. Rep. Grace F. Napolitano (D-CA-32), and U.S. Rep. John Katko (R-NY-24).
Text SAFETY to 21333 to take action on this important legislation. (message and data rates may apply)
- Union sheet metal workers’ mental health program spotlighted by America’s Work Force Union Podcast
- SMART Chief International Rep. Scott Parks passes away
- SMART statement on Inflation Reduction Act anniversary
- Department of Labor updates prevailing wage regulations in win for SMART members and building trades workers
- SMART Leadership Conference concludes with stellar lineup of speakers, allies
- Union sheet metal leaders prepare for bright future on conference’s final day
- 2023 SMART Leadership Conference continues forward momentum on second day
- Sheet metal union leaders gather on day two of Leadership Conference to focus on progress
- “This is Our Time:” Second SMART Leadership Conference kicks off in Washington, D.C.
- Sheet metal union leaders get to work on first day of Leadership Conference