Governors from several states are pressing Congress to pass a long-term surface transportation bill before the current legislation expires Oct. 29.
Last week, the Coalition of Northeastern Governors (CONEG) sent a letter to leaders of the House Transportation and Infrastructure and Ways and Means committees imploring them to pass legislation “expeditiously” that would ensure the continuity and stability of federal funding for highway, rail, transit and safety programs.
Read more from Progressive Railroading.
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for 2 person crews
- SMART-TD LACMTA operators ratify tentative contract
- Local 12 apprentices get hands-on architectural experience
- SMART statement on passage of CHIPS and Science Act
- Union Plus opens ‘Unions Power America’ contest￼
- Your experiences – our PEB case!
- SMART Local 206 journeyworker wins July NABTU Tradeswomen Heroes Award
- Rail labor statement regarding the appointment of a PEB
- New Ford EV plant “a game-changer” for SMART Tenn. local