For the first 40 weeks of this year – through Oct. 9 – rail carloadings are up almost 10 percent over last year, and intermodal loadings have soared by more than 15 percent, according to data from the Association of American Railroads.
For the week ending Oct. 9, intermodal was up more than 13 percent versus the comparable week in 2009, while 15 of 19 carload commodity groups showed gains over the comparable week in 2009.
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for two-person crews
- Local 12 apprentices get hands-on architectural experience
- SMART statement on passage of CHIPS and Science Act
- Union Plus opens ‘Unions Power America’ contest￼
- Your experiences – our PEB case!
- SMART Local 206 journeyworker wins July NABTU Tradeswomen Heroes Award