Joseph Sellers Sr., age 77, the father of SMART General President Joseph Sellers Jr., died Thursday, Dec. 10 at Arden Courts, Warminster, Pa.
Sellers Sr. worked for 40 years as a sheet metal worker and was a member and union official for the SMWIA (now SMART) Local 19 in Philadelphia. Even after his retirement, Sellers Sr. remained involved in the union.
He is survived by his son, Joseph (Elizabeth) Sellers Jr., Elizabeth A. Sellers, Anne (Jay) Lavancher; and three grandchildren, Ashley Forsythe, Nicholas Sellers and Alexandra Sellers. Sellers Sr. is preceded in death by wife Elizabeth, parents Robert and Mary (O’Connor) Sellers, and four brothers and two sisters.
A funeral mass was held the morning of Wednesday, Dec. 16 at St. Bede the Venerable Church in Holland, Pennsylvania.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association, Delaware Valley Chapter, 399 Market St., Ste. 102, Philadelphia, PA 19102 or to the Sheet Metal Workers Local #19 Scholarship fund, 1301 S. Columbus Blvd., Philadelphia, PA 19147.
Click here to view Sellers Sr.’s obituary or to leave condolences for the family.
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson
- Update on SMART-TD balloting for National Rail Tentative Agreement
- Appearances with federal officials reinforce that union is labor leader in Kansas
- Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar hotel deadline now Oct. 28
- New Ford EV plant “a game-changer” for SMART Tenn. local
- TD Local 653 legislative representative receives Chicago labor award
- RRB announces retiree earnings limits will increasse in 2023
- N.J. designates Oct. 15 as annual Railroad Workers Day
- Railroad Retirement benefits to see rise in 2023