The Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) awarded a research grant for the city of Brunswick, Maine, the Northern New England Passenger Authority (NNEPRA) and the Maine Department of Transportation, among other partners, to participate in a field research program to develop and test new trespass detection and deterrent technologies.
The research will consist of designing, operating and evaluating a large-scale trespass detection and deterrent system to mitigate trespassing along several high-risk areas along the Pan Am Railway and Amtrak’s Downeaster rail line in the Brunswick area.
Read the complete story at Railway Track and Structures.
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- TD President Ferguson, three members testify before STB
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for 2 person crews
- SMART-TD LACMTA operators ratify tentative contract
- House leaders introduce bill reauthorizing STB and to assist rail customers
- Local 12 apprentices get hands-on architectural experience
- SMART-TD, BLET presidents update members following PEB 250
- SMART statement on passage of CHIPS and Science Act
- Union Plus opens ‘Unions Power America’ contest￼
- United Rail Unions statement on opening of PEB