CantonRep.com reported that Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) inspectors are now analyzing evidence to determine what led to the derailment of eight rail cars in the Wheeling & Lake Erie Railway yard in Brewster, Ohio, on Monday, Feb. 1, 2016.
Cargo included flammable liquid that ignited upon impact, forcing the evacuation of hundreds of nearby residents. Investigators noted that the fire could have been much worse.
Read the complete story here.
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson
- Update on SMART-TD balloting for National Rail Tentative Agreement
- Appearances with federal officials reinforce that union is labor leader in Kansas
- Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar hotel deadline now Oct. 28
- New Ford EV plant “a game-changer” for SMART Tenn. local
- TD Local 653 legislative representative receives Chicago labor award
- RRB announces retiree earnings limits will increasse in 2023