Peter N. Spalding, 75, died Saturday, Dec. 16.
Spalding hired out with CSX in 1964 and was a member of Local 376 in Louisville, Ky. He eventually came to work at the UTU International, then headquartered in downtown Cleveland. While at the UTU, he served the membership in the updating department before becoming supervisor of that same dept. in 1973. Later he worked in the president’s department as well as in the accounting department until his retirement in March 2002.
Spalding also served on the board of the UTU Federal Credit Union. He was vice president of the credit union from 1995 to 2002 and served on the board of directors from 1990 – until April of this year. Spalding was also a veteran of the U.S. Navy.
Friends may call at the Chambers Funeral Home of North Olmsted, 29150 Lorain Road, North Olmsted, OH 44070 on Thursday, Dec. 21 from 2 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. A funeral service will be Friday, Dec. 22 at noon at the funeral home. Interment will follow at the Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery.
Click here to read Spalding’s obituary or to leave condolences for the family.
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Two-person crew rule’s comment period receives extension
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD statement on the tentative agreement (Sept. 16, 2022)
- SMART-TD, BLET reach tentative agreement with railroads
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen
- SMART-TD, BLET joint statement on rail embargo
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC