Frank “Dwayne” Adkins died Friday, Nov. 27, 2015, at his residence in Dupo, Ill. He was 84 years old.
Adkins, a member of SMART TD (then United Transportation Union) Local 1929 of East St. Louis, Ill., hired out as an engineer with the Alton & Southern Railway in 1956. Adkins served his members as local chairperson before being elected as general chairperson of General Committee of Adjustment ALS.
Adkins is survived by his wife of 37 years, Lori Adkins; son Doug (Barb) Adkins; daughter Jody (Tim) Ellers, step-children Marilyn (Buddy) Hollis, Kami (Darrell) Welch, Eric (Stephanie) Young and Shari (Eric) Hofstetter; 10 grandchildren; five great-grandchildren and other relatives and friends.
Memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of Southern Illinois, 305 S. Illinois St., Belleville, IL 62220.
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC
- Update on PEB 250 recommendations to national agreement negotiations
- Class Is release 2nd quarter 2022 financial results
- SMART TD seeks photos for annual Alumni calendar
- SMART statement on President Biden’s signing of the Inflation Reduction Act