George K. Strickland, the former director of public relations for UTU Canada, died April 14. He was 91.
Strickland served with Royal Canadian Mounted Police before hiring out with Canadian Pacific Railway. He later worked as a UTUIA field supervisor prior to becoming the Canadian director of public relations.
A member of Local 483 at Toronto, Ont., Strickland was a 32nd Degree Mason, a member of the Tunis Temple Shriners and Worl War II veteran.
He is survived by children Jim, Bob and Cathy, and was preceded in death by his wife, Eileen.
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Two-person crew rule’s comment period receives extension
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD statement on the tentative agreement (Sept. 16, 2022)
- SMART-TD, BLET reach tentative agreement with railroads
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen