UTU engineer members covered for employee and/or dependent health care under the Railroad Employees’ National Health and Welfare Plan, and who may have elected to participate in the National Flexible Benefits Program, will no longer be able to participate in the program effective Dec. 31.
Railroads have canceled the program owing to a contractual provision with BLET permitting them to cancel if participation failed to exceed five percent of eligible employees.
UTU members and/or dependents covered under the National Railway Carriers and UTU Health and Welfare Plan (NRC/UTU) are not affected. Affected only are engineers with a health savings account tied to the BLET national rail agreement.
Participants will receive a letter from UnitedHealthcare providing more details of the cancellation, and information on submitting claims incurred during calendar year 2009.
Further questions should be directed to UnitedHealthcare’s enrollment services, at (800) 753-2692.
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- FRA Administrator Bose: Safety is first
- TTD President Regan: Transportation labor has shown it’s a driving force
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for two-person crews
- Local 12 apprentices get hands-on architectural experience
- SMART statement on passage of CHIPS and Science Act