The SMART Transportation Division is primed to assist members in their time of need when disaster strikes.
Hurricane Laura hit Louisiana, Texas and Arkansas in late August. According to reports from the ground, the storm has inflicted extensive damage to many homes — particularly in the Lake Charles, Louisiana area — and some residents in Louisiana may have to wait weeks or months in order to have power again.
Our members in the impacted area, both active and retired, are faced with a long recovery and the painful task of rebuilding their homes and lives.
Furthermore, not only are they coping with the aftermath of hurricane, they are doing so against the backdrop of an unprecedented global pandemic.
We are asking the SMART-TD family to heed the call and give what you can so that the difficult task of starting over and rebuilding can begin for any members who have been affected by the fury of the storm.
In addition, based on information from affected members, a list of needed supplies has been compiled on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SMARTDisasterRelief
This list will be updated as needs evolve.
Any donations will help lessen the struggle and bring real hope and relief to SMART-TD members who are suffering after this great loss. SMART-TD will administer donations sent to the SMART TD Disaster Relief Fund.
Contributions may be sent and made payable to:
SMART TD Disaster Relief Fund
24950 Country Club Blvd.
North Olmsted, OH 44070-5333
Union Plus grant program
Union Plus also has disaster relief grants of $500 available to help participants in the Union Plus credit card, insurance or mortgage programs who are facing financial hardship due to severe weather. The money does not have to be repaid.
Union Plus mortgage holders may also be eligible to receive payment extensions or other special help.
To qualify for a Union Plus disaster relief grant, the union member must:
- Have been a victim of severe weather in counties designated by FEMA as qualifying for individual assistance.
- Have experienced a significant loss of income or property due to the disaster.
- Have had a Union Plus credit card, Union Plus insurance policy or Union Plus mortgage for at least 12 months, with the account or policy up to date in payments.
- Describe his or her circumstances and document the income or property loss.
To apply for a disaster relief grant, eligible union members should call:
Union Plus credit card: (877) 761-5028
Union Plus mortgage: (800) 472-2005
Union Plus insurance: (800) 472-2005
Go to https://www.unionplus.org/hardship-help/disaster-relief-grants
- Ultimately, decision about tentative agreement is in members’ hands
- New updating features for TD members in SMART Portal
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Two-person crew rule’s comment period receives extension
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD statement on the tentative agreement (Sept. 16, 2022)
- SMART-TD, BLET reach tentative agreement with railroads
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen