SMART Transportation Division and the Trustees of the Discipline Income Protection Program (DIPP) are pleased to announce a reduction in monthly assessments.
Effective Oct. 1, 2022, the monthly assessment for DIPP participants will be reduced from 81 cents to 75 cents per $1 of daily benefit. DIPP coverage ranges from $6 to $250 per day, ensuring that a participant covered by the DIPP program who is suspended, dismissed or removed from service by a carrier for alleged violation of rules or operating procedures will continue to receive income.
Participants in the DIPP also have the added flexibility of electing to increase their benefit level or to modify their coverage at any time by submitting the appropriate form to the Transportation Division office.
This announcement is informational, and no action is required on the part of plan participants at this time. The reduction in assessments will be communicated to Local Treasurers so that the necessary changes to current participants’ payroll deductions are made in a timely manner before Oct. 1.
DIPP trustees are SMART General President Joseph Sellers Jr., SMART General Secretary-Treasurer Joseph Powell and SMART-TD President Jeremy R. Ferguson.
- Computer outage does not affect TD RTS events
- TD Local 278 shows solidarity with UAW
- North and South Carolina members join for Solidarity Shoot
- What TD members can do to support the UAW strike
- SMART-TD forms new committee to address assaults on bus and transit operators
- Message to rail workers from TD President Ferguson re: UAW strike action
- Effort by coworkers ensures fallen TD Local 1846 member will not be forgotten
- SMART-TD Announces Its Support for STB’s Historic Declaration of Reciprocal Switching
- TD local nominations/elections coming up in autumn
- Registration opens for November TD Regional Training Seminar in Iowa