JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Florida-based railroad operator CSX Corp. plans to cut 300 management workers, mostly through buyouts by the end of the year.
Most of the workers targeted are based at the company’s Jacksonville headquarters. Spokeswoman Melanie Cost tells The Florida Times-Union that layoffs are possible if fewer than 300 workers take the buyouts.
Read the complete story at Television Station WESH.
- Growth through unity
- SMART, labor allies convene at AFL-CIO Convention to build worker power
- N.J. SLD recognized for leadership, tapped to lead economic coalition
- Fortune Magazine highlights the benefits of a union sheet metal career
- SMART TD President Ferguson and BLET President Pierce give joint interview on podcast
- Transportation labor reacts to the State of the Union Address
- VA Adds TABB As Accepted Certification Body
- Career of a lifetime: Renato Favero’s 80 years of service
- SM Local 280 SMART Army Helps Local Charity Aid Community
- New SMOHIT Safety Guide Available