It has recently been announced that an attempt may be made to attach language from H.R. 1763, the Safe Freight Act, which is the federal two-person crew bill onto H.R. 3763.
H.R. 3763 is the Surface Transportation Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2015, which was passed by the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure Thursday, Oct. 22. This bill contains language extending the PTC implementation deadline to 2018 with an additional two-year extension beyond that date.
Members, friends and family are urged to contact their House Representatives immediately to ask them to co-sponsor and support H.R. 1763, as well as its inclusion to H.R. 3763.
“Now is the time to take action and contact your congressional representatives about co-sponsoring H.R. 1763,” said Alternate National Legislative Director Greg Hynes. “It’s in the best interest of public safety and the safety of our members.”
Click here to search for your House Representatives by state.
Click here to send an email to your representatives, asking for their support of H.R. 1763 for railroaders.
Click here to send an email to your representatives, asking for their support of H.R. 1763 for family members and friends.
- SMART-TD statement on congressional intervention in the national rail negotiations
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson
- Update on SMART-TD balloting for National Rail Tentative Agreement
- Rule of 2 comment period extended by FRA to Dec. 21
- Appearances with federal officials reinforce that union is labor leader in Kansas
- Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar hotel deadline now Oct. 28
- New Ford EV plant “a game-changer” for SMART Tenn. local