EDMONTON, Alberta – A Canadian National Railway train carrying liquefied petroleum gas and crude oil has derailed and exploded about 80 kilometres west of Edmonton, prompting an evacuation in the tiny community of Gainford.
Parkland County Emergency Services says it received a call about the accident involving a westbound train around 1 a.m. MT Saturday.
Read the complete story at Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.
- Utah rail safety bill awaits signature of governor
- Local 85 (Ga.) Service Awards
- Secure your future. Vote!
- Solidarity with Kingspan workers
- Growth through unity
- SMART, labor allies convene at AFL-CIO Convention to build worker power
- N.J. SLD recognized for leadership, tapped to lead economic coalition
- Fortune Magazine highlights the benefits of a union sheet metal career
- SMART TD President Ferguson and BLET President Pierce give joint interview on podcast
- Transportation labor reacts to the State of the Union Address