CLOSTER – The governing body offered its support for establishing rail safety measures tied to transporting crude oil on DOT-111 rail cars through Bergen County.
Rail safety has recently become an increasingly significant issue among residents and local governments.
As the transportation of highly-flammable Bakken crude oil through the county increases – a reported 7-million gallons per day – so are safety concerns.
Read more from NorthJersey.com.
- American Rescue Plan funding saves thousands of SMART pensions
- Secure your future. Vote!
- Solidarity with Kingspan workers
- Growth through unity
- SMART, labor allies convene at AFL-CIO Convention to build worker power
- N.J. SLD recognized for leadership, tapped to lead economic coalition
- Fortune Magazine highlights the benefits of a union sheet metal career
- SMART TD President Ferguson and BLET President Pierce give joint interview on podcast
- Transportation labor reacts to the State of the Union Address
- VA Adds TABB As Accepted Certification Body