CLOSTER – The governing body offered its support for establishing rail safety measures tied to transporting crude oil on DOT-111 rail cars through Bergen County.
Rail safety has recently become an increasingly significant issue among residents and local governments.
As the transportation of highly-flammable Bakken crude oil through the county increases – a reported 7-million gallons per day – so are safety concerns.
Read more from NorthJersey.com.
- SMART statement on Inflation Reduction Act anniversary
- Minnesota SMART members win legislative victories across sheet metal and transportation
- SMART remembers and honors all who have made the ultimate sacrifice
- SMART Women’s Committee welcomes new members
- SMART-TD announces a price reduction for the Discipline Income Protection Program (DIPP) going into effect on August 1, 2023
- Retired General Chairperson Al Nowlin passes away
- SMART sisters reflect on Women in Construction Week 2023
- Utah rail safety bill awaits signature of governor
- Local 85 (Ga.) Service Awards
- Secure your future. Vote!