The Connecticut Post reported that, through a recently signed agreement, Metro-North employees who see unsafe conditions can now say something about it by reporting them, without fear of retribution, on a confidential close call hotline.
Read the entire article here.
- SMART statement on President Biden’s 2023 State of the Union address
- SMART Local 28’s Leah Rambo appointed deputy director of U.S. DOL Women’s Bureau executive team
- BNSF asks the FRA for permission to run trains with 120 CFM of flow in the name of safety
- Hudson Tunnel project to create more than 70,000 jobs in New York and New Jersey
- B&P Tunnel replacement project in Baltimore promises jobs, better conditions for SMART members
- EPI study estimates money lost by misclassified workers
- Union Plus scholarship deadline approaching; others open for TD members’ families
- FMCSA pre-employment requirement in effect Jan. 6
- Railroad Retirement and Unemployment Insurance Taxes in 2023
- Action needed to support Congressional Workers Union