An on-duty Chicago Metra conductor received medical attention following an assault during a botched robbery attempt at a west side passenger station Oct. 22.
According to news reports, the conductor, whose identity was not released, was transported to a hospital with unspecified injuries.
The alleged robber, who was said by witnesses to have displayed a knife during the attempt to rob the conductor, was later captured by police.
BNSF operates that commuter service under contract with Chicago Metra.
- SMART-TD mourns the loss of Local 1374 conductor Erik O’Brien￼
- SMART University: TD Membership 101 available in Member Portal
- Members unite for protests in K.C., elsewhere￼
- LAST CALL: TD San Antonio Regional Training Seminar room reservations
- Coordinated Bargaining Coalition welcomes face-to-face mediation over national contract negotiations
- House subcommittee leaders take aim at PSR cuts in STB reauthorization hearing￼
- STB requires additional service reporting from railroads
- Longtime Mo. SLD passes away￼
- The Coordinated Bargaining Coalition again calls on NMB to proffer arbitration
- April 28th proclaimed “A Day of Honor and Remembrance for Railroad Workers” in Kansas