The Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB), put train crew fatigue on its 2016 watch list. The list identifies key safety issues in Canadian transportation.
TSB Chairperson Kathy Fox told Reuters that the board would push for concrete action, including the creation of predictable scheduling for employees. Fox also said that fatigue has been a factor in numerous investigations of freight train accidents.
Read more from Yahoo!.
- Ultimately, decision about tentative agreement is in members’ hands
- New updating features for TD members in SMART Portal
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Two-person crew rule’s comment period receives extension
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD statement on the tentative agreement (Sept. 16, 2022)