Canadian Pacific announced Wednesday, Nov. 20 that it has come to an agreement that would result in the Class I carrier acquiring the Central Maine & Quebec Railway (CM&Q).
Financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed in a news release announcing the deal.
CP’s purchase from Fortress Transportation and Infrastructure Investors LLC now gives the carrier trackage and facilities from St. Jean, Quebec, Canada, to Searsport, Maine, and is expected to close by the end of the year.
SMART Transportation Division represents 52 members on the CM&Q in the Transportation, Mechanical and Engineering Departments who belong to GO-049, which is represented by General Chairman Rick Lee. CM&Q owns 481 miles of rail lines primarily in Quebec and Maine.
Read the full release from PR Newswire.
- Announcement to come regarding PEB
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- FRA Administrator Bose: Safety is first
- TTD President Regan: Transportation labor has shown it’s a driving force
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- TD President Ferguson, three members testify before STB
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for two-person crews
- SMART-TD LACMTA operators ratify tentative contract