By Bonnie Morr
Vice President, Bus Department
Many of our bus locals have responded to a survey focusing on the health conditions of bus operators. This is a very important step in identifying some of the health issues that we face while on the job.
The Transit Bus Operator Workplace Health and Wellness Survey, sponsored by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA), is an effort to understand health, safety and wellness issues faced by bus operators, and to learn how employers and labor unions are addressing these challenges.
Also responding to the survey were more than 200 transit companies.
Specifically, the survey sought responses on:
* The current state of bus operator health and wellness.
* Health promotion programs and policies.
* The union local’s perspectives on bus operator wellness and workplace health promotion programs, policies and activities.
* Identification of who does what to contribute to bus operator health promotion.
* Opinions on how health promotion and wellness affect the work environment, driver retention and transit operations.
All information gathered in this survey will remain confidential, and the results will not indicate specific locals, employers or employees.
- SMART-TD announces tentative agreement with BNSF that addresses quality of life issues and predictability for time off
- FRA awards SMART-TD over $600,000 to fill void in rail carriers’ training programs
- Computer outage does not affect TD RTS events
- TD Local 278 shows solidarity with UAW
- North and South Carolina members join for Solidarity Shoot
- What TD members can do to support the UAW strike
- SMART-TD forms new committee to address assaults on bus and transit operators
- Message to rail workers from TD President Ferguson re: UAW strike action
- Effort by coworkers ensures fallen TD Local 1846 member will not be forgotten
- SMART-TD Announces Its Support for STB’s Historic Declaration of Reciprocal Switching