AMARILLO, Texas – A BNSF maintenance-of-way employee was killed here Jan. 9 after being struck by a rail car, according to media reports.
One report said the accident occurred as a rail grinder was being moved in a BNSF yard.
The Federal Railroad Administration is investigating the accident.
- SMART statement on President Biden’s 2023 State of the Union address
- Assistance for East Palestine, Ohio, derailment evacuees
- SMART Local 28’s Leah Rambo appointed deputy director of U.S. DOL Women’s Bureau executive team
- Local 1715 members ratify contract with CATS
- Fiery derailment causes evacuation in Ohio
- BNSF asks the FRA for permission to run trains with 120 CFM of flow in the name of safety
- TTD’s Regan testifies at new T&I committee’s first hearing
- Local 1470 member included on Railway Age’s ‘Fast Trackers’ list
- Hudson Tunnel project to create more than 70,000 jobs in New York and New Jersey
- B&P Tunnel replacement project in Baltimore promises jobs, better conditions for SMART members