BNSF Railway has reopened its tracks north of Fort Worth after multiple storm-related incidents during the weekend, the company’s executives say.
“Railroading is an outdoor sport, but we should also say these storms have over the last couple of weeks been really terrific in terms of damage,” said Matt Rose, BNSF executive chairman. “Certainly it’s a dangerous business. We’ve weathered it, so to speak, and we’ll get repaired and hopefully see sunnier skies.”
BNSF, which is based in Fort Worth, was hit by a triple-whammy of unfortunate events during the past several days.
- American Rescue Plan funding saves thousands of SMART pensions
- Secure your future. Vote!
- Solidarity with Kingspan workers
- Growth through unity
- SMART, labor allies convene at AFL-CIO Convention to build worker power
- N.J. SLD recognized for leadership, tapped to lead economic coalition
- Fortune Magazine highlights the benefits of a union sheet metal career
- SMART TD President Ferguson and BLET President Pierce give joint interview on podcast
- Transportation labor reacts to the State of the Union Address
- VA Adds TABB As Accepted Certification Body