A benefit fund has been established for the family of Norfolk Southern conductor Christopher Ochoa, a member of UTU Local 1895, Chicago, who died Oct. 17.
Ochoa is survived by his wife, Elly Medrano-Ochoa, and children: Daniel Medrano, age 15; Brian, age four; and twins Alexander and Ayden, age three.
Ocha was a Marine Corps veteran and had six years’ service on Norfolk Southern.
Contributions to the Christopher Ochoa Memorial Benefit Fund may be made at the Chicago Community Bank at 1110 W. 35th St., Chicago, IL 60609, or at 11157 S. Ewing Ave., Chicago, IL 60617, or mailed to Chicago Community Bank, Attn: Gina Fezler, 1110 W. 35th St., Chicago, IL 60609.
Local 1895 delegate and UTU Director of Organizing Rich Ross said, “Brothers and sisters helping each other and their families in time of need goes to the very core of union brotherhood and sisterhood.”
- Bus VP Studivant retires; James Sandoval is new VP
- SMART-TD announces tentative agreement with BNSF that addresses quality of life issues and predictability for time off
- FRA awards SMART-TD over $600,000 to fill void in rail carriers’ training programs
- Computer outage does not affect TD RTS events
- TD Local 278 shows solidarity with UAW
- North and South Carolina members join for Solidarity Shoot
- What TD members can do to support the UAW strike
- SMART-TD forms new committee to address assaults on bus and transit operators
- Message to rail workers from TD President Ferguson re: UAW strike action
- Effort by coworkers ensures fallen TD Local 1846 member will not be forgotten