A benefit fund has been established for the family of Norfolk Southern conductor Christopher Ochoa, a member of UTU Local 1895, Chicago, who died Oct. 17.
Ochoa is survived by his wife, Elly Medrano-Ochoa, and children: Daniel Medrano, age 15; Brian, age four; and twins Alexander and Ayden, age three.
Ocha was a Marine Corps veteran and had six years’ service on Norfolk Southern.
Contributions to the Christopher Ochoa Memorial Benefit Fund may be made at the Chicago Community Bank at 1110 W. 35th St., Chicago, IL 60609, or at 11157 S. Ewing Ave., Chicago, IL 60617, or mailed to Chicago Community Bank, Attn: Gina Fezler, 1110 W. 35th St., Chicago, IL 60609.
Local 1895 delegate and UTU Director of Organizing Rich Ross said, “Brothers and sisters helping each other and their families in time of need goes to the very core of union brotherhood and sisterhood.”
- SMART-TD statement on the results of the U.S. Senate vote to impose the rail agreement
- SMART-TD statement on potential extension of status-quo period
- SMART-TD statement on congressional intervention in the national rail negotiations
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- Balloting closes TONIGHT for tentative national rail agreement
- SMART-TD, BLET town hall yields facts about tentative agreement
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson