By Vic Baffoni
Vice president, Bus Department
Negotiations are underway on UTU’s largest bus property, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (LACMTA).
The UTU negotiating committee, headed by General Chairperson James A. Williams, exchanged contract proposals March 19 with the LACMTA negotiating team.
The first negotiating session was held April 9, and dates have been set for additional meetings. The current contract expires June 30.
A difficult financial climate in California will be an important factor in negotiations.
UTU goals include the closing of wage tiers, protecting current work rules, and preserving of one of the transit industry’s finest health-care and pension packages.
Affected UTU members were sent a comparison of the proposals, with the general committee pledging to protect the members and their families.
- Computer outage does not affect TD RTS events
- SMART-TD forms new committee to address assaults on bus and transit operators
- TD local nominations/elections coming up in autumn
- Registration opens for November TD Regional Training Seminar in Iowa
- Photo recap of TD Labor Day events
- A Labor Day message from TD President Jeremy Ferguson
- Additional information out for October TD meeting in Toledo
- Last chance in 2023 for TD members to open-enroll in VLTD, VLIFE plans!
- DIPP trustees announce benefit improvements
- TD Local 1590 mourns death of its president