The San Luis Obispo Annual Union Pacific Railroad Barbecue will be held Saturday, August 2, at 1 p.m. at Cuesta Park, located at 2400 Loomis St.
This barbecue is a joint event sponsored by UP, SMART Transportation Division Local 98 at San Luis Obispo and SMART Transportation Local 240 at Los Angeles.
All current, former and retired UP employees are invited.
Local 240 Chairperson Harry J. Garvin Jr. said that the barbecue has been organized by former Local 98 Secretary & Treasurer Leo Bunting for the past four years and about 75 to 100 people attend each year.
All attendees are asked to bring a dessert to share.
- SMART-TD statement on the results of the U.S. Senate vote to impose the rail agreement
- SMART-TD statement on potential extension of status-quo period
- SMART-TD statement on congressional intervention in the national rail negotiations
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- Balloting closes TONIGHT for tentative national rail agreement
- SMART-TD, BLET town hall yields facts about tentative agreement
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson