Presidential Emergency Board 250 has released its recommendations regarding the dispute between the United Rail Unions and the National Carriers Conference Committee over National Railroad Contract negotiations.
Meetings are scheduled at 4 p.m. (Eastern) Aug. 16 among the United Rail Unions leadership and later with the SMART-TD negotiating team regarding the PEB’s findings and what the options and next steps forward may be.
SMART Transportation Division President Jeremy Ferguson plans to issue comments on the recommendations after discussions with the District I General Chairpersons are concluded.
- UP actions prompt departure from safety program
- SMART-TD announces enhanced benefits with new Voluntary Long-Term Disability (VLTD) carrier
- Local 168 mourns passing of Chairperson Garcia
- TD Disaster Relief Fund in urgent need of donations
- Union Plus scholarship deadline approaching; others open for TD members’ families
- Remembering MLK
- SMART-TD stands in solidarity with the Air Line Pilots Association, International
- FRA letter warns rail bosses of enforcement measures if training deficiencies are not resolved
- FMCSA pre-employment requirement in effect Jan. 6
- Railroad Retirement and Unemployment Insurance Taxes in 2023