The AFL-CIO Bonnie Ladin Union Skills (BLUS) Training Program offers weeklong intensive courses for union leaders, staff and activists that combine in-class instruction with discussions of real-world experiences shared by a diverse group of students. The main training areas include:
- Union administration;
- Collective bargaining (private and public sector);
- Organizing (internal and external);
- Arbitration and grievance handling;
- Communications and media; and
- Best financial practices.
BLUS courses are taught by a corps of experienced instructors, to help participants to better serve their union and community brothers and sisters. The BLUS experience brings rising union and community ally leaders together in a spirit of mutual development and camaraderie.
Read more at the AFL-CIO.
- SMART-TD forms new committee to address assaults on bus and transit operators
- TD Local 1590 mourns death of its president
- SMART News episode 10 features Local 19 member on Biden endorsement, coverage of railroad victories, GP Coleman’s visit to Tenn. megaproject and more
- SMART-TD takes action to defend transit worker safety
- Veto means Nevada governor picked politics over safety
- Members of GO-953 ratify historic tentative agreement with Union Pacific
- Input needed for union’s FTA bus operator safety comment
- Watch: Local sheet metal unions win back pay for wage theft and worker misclassification
- ProPublica reports: “As Rail Profits Soar, Blocked Crossings Force Kids to Crawl Under Trains to Get to School”
- Defense of our bus operators is needed