The livelihoods of thousands of transportation workers have been disrupted by COVID since its onset this past spring.
Our brothers and sisters at Amtrak are the latest to have their lives upended by this pandemic.
Nearly 2,000 of the carrier’s unionized workers, including 500 SMART brothers and sisters were targeted recent furloughs that are to go into effect on November 1.
To make matters worse, Amtrak is cutting service at a moment when people in the Midwest and others who may not feel comfortable flying need an alternative and accessible means of transport that only Amtrak can provide.
Click here to take action today.
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC
- SMART statement on President Biden’s signing of the Inflation Reduction Act
- SMART statement on White House Back to School 2022 collaboration to improve indoor air quality
- SMART statement on passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- SMART Leadership Conference day three: building solidarity and strength
- SMART Leadership Conference day two: locals continue hard work
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- Inaugural SMART Leadership Conference kicks off in San Francisco with “Growth Through Unity”
- Special Focus: Infrastructure and Jobs Act expected to create jobs for SMART members