The Association of American Railroads has issued a safety alert for all railroads in North America.
The safety alert is to advise of the recent discovery of barbed wire found on safety appliances of a multilevel car.
This photograph was taken in the Quebec City, Quebec, area on March 26.
“Please distribute this information to coworkers, contractors, customers and all personnel who deal with these types of cars,” said James P. Grady, AAR assistant vice president for technical services.
- SMART-TD statement on the results of the U.S. Senate vote to impose the rail agreement
- SMART-TD statement on potential extension of status-quo period
- SMART-TD statement on congressional intervention in the national rail negotiations
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- Balloting closes TONIGHT for tentative national rail agreement
- SMART-TD, BLET town hall yields facts about tentative agreement
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson