As you probably already know, SMART reached an agreement with the Ontario Sheet Metal Contractors’ Association to renew the Sheet Metal ICI Collective Agreement this past week.
All Ontario Local Unions involved ratified the agreement after the strike ended on June 29.
On behalf of the Ontario negotiating team, and every sheet metal worker across Ontario, I would like to extend our sincere thanks and gratitude to every one of our brothers and sisters across SMART. Your comments via email and social media stiffened our resolve through the long eight weeks we spent on the picket line. We cannot name every member and local from across the sheet metal and transportation industries who stood with us, but those who traveled from Philadelphia to walk the picket line with us in Niagara Falls help personify the strength and unity of this Union. Many locals from across the United States and Canada contributed financially as well – and we are eternally grateful for your tremendous solidarity.
The word solidarity has a special meaning to us after what we experienced over the past two months.
Once again, we are thankful for each and every one of our brothers and sisters across the US and Canada who stood with us and be assured that we will be there for you when and if the day comes.
SMART Director of Canadian Affairs
- SMART remembers and honors all who have made the ultimate sacrifice
- Debt default threatens American workers: Take action today
- SMART Local 110 hosts Take Kids Fishing Day events with Union Sportsmen’s Alliance
- SMART Women’s Committee welcomes new members
- SMART-TD announces a price reduction for the Discipline Income Protection Program (DIPP) going into effect on August 1, 2023
- SMART News episode eight features member voices on right-to-work repeal, rail safety, jobs in Ohio and more
- NABTU Legislative Conference brings SMART members to DC to push for pro-worker policy
- Retired General Chairperson Al Nowlin passes away
- Green, UNION jobs: SMART members continue to build our green future on Earth Day 2023
- Sheet metal worker-owner earns “Contractor of the Year” honorable mention