Jesse E. Carr, 95, retired general chairperson of former Southern Railway – Lines West General Committee of Adjustment GO 903 died Dec 26.
A member of SMART Transportation Division Local 338 at Chattanooga, Tenn., Carr retired in 1982 following 41 years of continuous membership and railroad service.
Carr was a veteran of the U.S. Army, having served 33 months in Iran with a railway operating battalion. He was a member of the Chattanooga Lodge #199 of the Free & Accepted Masons for over 70 years, the Order of the Eastern Star and Southern Railway Retirees.
Graveside services were held Dec. 28 at Hamilton Memorial Gardens in the Chapel of Devotion in Hixson, Tenn.
He is survived by his wife of 69 years, Maxine.
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC
- Ann Simon, wife of TD Alt. VP Anthony Simon, passes away
- TD Local 18 member killed in derailment
- Update on PEB 250 recommendations to national agreement negotiations
- Class Is release 2nd quarter 2022 financial results