Train and engine employees on Colorado short line San Luis & Rio Grande Railroad have voted to be represented by the UTU.
This is the 30th organizing win in 53 months for the UTU. International Vice President Bonnie Morr led the organizing effort.
The 150-mile San Luis & Rio Grande – one of three rail properties owned by Iowa Pacific Holdings – is headquartered in Alamosa, Colo., and runs west from a connection with Union Pacific at Walsenburg, Colo., over the Sangre de Cristo Mountains in southern Colorado.
The highest point on the railroad, which primarily hauls grain, minerals and specialty rock products, is at La Veta Pass – 9,242 feet above sea level.
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- TD President Ferguson, three members testify before STB
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for two-person crews
- SMART-TD LACMTA operators ratify tentative contract
- House leaders introduce bill reauthorizing STB and to assist rail customers
- Local 12 apprentices get hands-on architectural experience
- SMART-TD, BLET presidents update members following PEB 250